The fourth stop in the Power BI World Tour hosted by PUG wrapped up on 10/5/17 in Toronto, Ontario, the largest city in Canada and the most multi-culturally diverse city on the planet with over 140 different languages spoken! (https://www.pbiusergroup.com/pbiworldtour/locations/wt-toronto)
The event was sold out with 160 attendees and hosted excellent speakers from as far away as Poland and the Netherlands along with some fantastic content presented. There were attendees from as far away as Vancouver and Dallas with many other cities near and far coming together at the Microsoft MPR in Mississauga offices to spend two days networking, learning and sharing with each other.
Some highlights from the event included:
· An Ask the Experts Panel with Riccardo Muti and Gladstone Grant from Microsoft and Subject Matter Experts Simon Nuss and Miguel Myers along with MVP Vivek Patel.
· Microsoft Exam 778 Certification Readiness session by Phillip Guglielmi
· 79 people attended the Data Visualization Best Practices for Power BI session by Miguel Myers and a full house in the From Excel to Power BI Session by Scott Sewell
· A very popular Intro to DAX and Advanced DAX session.
· An opportunity for new BI professionals to take what they learned and talk through how to bring it home and apply it going forward with the Use What You Learned session.
· A guest speaker, Mark Peco, presenting Viewing Data Driven Success Through a Capability Lens.
· A Speed Networking Activity to kick the day off getting to know your fellow attendees.
· Customer Showcase session from Hôpital Montfort presented by Marc-André Lépine titled Choosing Wisely with Power BI.
· And much more!
A special Thank You to our Toronto Content Committee for their hard work, dedication and support of this event:
The last 2 stops on the Power BI World Tour Event include Chicago Oct 11-12 (https://www.pbiusergroup.com/pbiworldtour/locations/wt-chicago) and Sydney Nov 4-5 (https://www.pbiusergroup.com/pbiworldtour/locations/wt-sydney).