Power BI Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your PowerBIUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  Bookmark Issue - Slicer holding selection Incorrectly

Bronze Contributor
    Posted Oct 19, 2022 11:38 AM
    *issue in red below

I have dashboard made up of 1 page/tab.

On this page I switch between visuals using two bookmarks linked to 2 buttons.

bookmark 1
    Site - currently holds selection when switching from (bookmark 1 -> 2) which is good and what I want
    State - currently holds selection when switching from (bookmark 1 -> 2) which is good and what I want
    Cohort - currently holds selection when switching from (bookmark 1 -> 2) which is good and what I want

bookmark 2
    Site - currently holds selection when switching from (bookmark 1 -> 2) which is good and what I want
    State - currently holds selection when switching from (bookmark 1 -> 2) which is good and what I want
    Cohort - currently holds selection when switching from (bookmark 1 -> 2) which is good and what I want
    Date - as soon as I change the date range my page adjusts which is correct, but then I switch back to (bookmark 1) and the date slicer.. which isn't a part of bookmark 1 (as in it's de-selected from this view) is somehow filtering the Bookmark 1 view. Can someone tell me how to keep the selection from (site,state,cohort) but not have the selection from date keep.

------------------------------
    Beau A
    Analyst
    MI

• 2.  RE: Bookmark Issue - Slicer holding selection Incorrectly

Posted Oct 20, 2022 07:24 AM
    Edited by Sara Leasy Oct 20, 2022 07:25 AM
    Do you have the option "Keep all filters" turned on?
    Just wanted to ask, just in case someone else has the same question.

• 3.  RE: Bookmark Issue - Slicer holding selection Incorrectly

Posted Oct 20, 2022 08:42 AM
    I just went through this same kind of scenario.  I had a page with three bookmarks - each one would switch the information being presented in my visuals (in my case, a couple of tables and a KPI card) and it all worked fine except when I would change the date range (a slicer with the month).  The current bookmark view that I was on would update as necessary, but go to a new bookmark, and the date range reverted to the original month.  What I ended up doing is duplicating the visuals on my page and applying any filters at the visual level, instead of page level. Then using a combination of hiding visuals, and then configuring the bookmark options Data unchecked and Selected Visuals checked, I selected the relevant visuals on the page and updated each bookmark.  This now allows me to view each bookmarked view and the Month date range slicer doesn't get saved with the bookmark.

Hope this helps a bit.

Travis Bird