Power BI Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your PowerBIUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  Cannot connect paginated report in the service to Oracle

Bronze Contributor
    Posted Oct 21, 2022 10:56 AM
    I have a (Report Builder) paginated report that works perfectly on the desktop, talking to an Oracle database.  However, once I publish it to the service, and set up the gateway connection, it returns error an error when I try to run it, as below.  I'm running the latest version of Report Builder, and datasets and dataflows using Oracle have no problems.  Are there additional config steps required for using Oracle data sources in paginated reports on the web service ?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Unable to render paginated report

Could not connect to the data source.

If you contact support, please provide these details.
    • Timestamp (UTC)2022-10-21T14:49:08.926Z
    • Root Activity IDb2e6a530-a6ec-02f2-6a0f-8b1f80fb61e4
    • Session ID0000xxxxxxx
    • Tenant IDxxxxxxxx
    • Cluster URIhttps://wabi-uk-south-b-primary-redirect.analysis.windows.net/
    • Report IDxxxxxx
    • Viewer version2022.10.2.3057

------------------------------
    James Watts
    Business Intelligence Analyst

• 2.  RE: Cannot connect paginated report in the service to Oracle

Bronze Contributor
    Posted Oct 21, 2022 11:07 AM
    I've tried rebuilding the datasource in the paginated report, and now on the service have a different error:

A data source used by this report returned an error. If you continue to experience this error contact the report author or data source owner quoting: DM_GWPipeline_Gateway_ProviderDataAccessArgumentError. An exception encountered while creating the target data source Unable to find the requested .Net Framework Data Provider. It may not be installed. 

James Watts
    Business Intelligence Analyst