Power BI Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your PowerBIUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  Data Not Showing Up In PBI

Posted Aug 24, 2022 12:35 PM

Hello,

I am pulling data from an excel file. I am able to make visualizations with most of the data but there are a couple of dates that do not show up in the Query Editor or any of the visuals. I've saved refreshed the PBI file numerous times as well as the excel file but am still unable to get the data to show up in power BI. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

------------------------------
    David VanDyke
    Asst AD S&C

• 2.  RE: Data Not Showing Up In PBI

Posted Aug 25, 2022 04:31 AM
    Hi,

Can you share the file? You may check the query step one by one and traceback where the issue originated. It may be possible that the data type of the field don't match the required input and most of the time upon uploading to query, query editor makes an automatic steps such as change data type.

Regards,
    RD

Ardie Trinidad
    Senior Finance Analyst

• 3.  RE: Data Not Showing Up In PBI

Posted Aug 25, 2022 08:09 AM
    Edited by Sara Leasy Aug 25, 2022 08:12 AM
    Check your date data type before you pull the dates in and in side of Bi. Make sure they are correct.
    I have found that I had them set as dates, but when I upload them for some reason they were not in the date format.
    I would test the pivots in Excel, or Bi desktop, and see how it behaves.
    Also, sometimes if the field you select for X or Y does not relate to the date column that you need, it will not pull that data.
    Maybe table the table relationship, or lack of, could be causing the issue?

• 4.  RE: Data Not Showing Up In PBI

Posted Aug 26, 2022 10:27 AM
      |   view attached
    One situation is that the Excel date is coming over as a serial number or an errored serial number.  Convert to Whole number and then to Date in Query design (Transform).
    the attached screenshot, I hope illustrates this.

Ronald McVicar
    IT Software Manager
    NSP Quality Meats
    Owasso OK
    (918) 274-8787