Power BI Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your PowerBIUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  External Filter with ALLEXCEPT()

Posted May 24, 2022 08:18 AM

Hi!

Can you please help me to understand how to apply external filters?  I am attempting to calculate the total numbers of unbilled hours on associate level [Quantity] based on certain filter criterias as per here below in 'Ärendetransaktioner_Excel' Table.  The total sum of 37K is accurate.  

But then I would like to be able to filter total hours per individual and case. However, as shown here in the image here above, the same total is applied across all the rows for all the associates and cases and not distributed.  I have already verified the cardinalty between the tables and relationships between the associate names table and transaction table containing the hours.  

What is I am doint wrong?  Is my syntax incomplete in order to be able to apply external filter?  Also, why do I get the total number of hours be less (32K vs 37K) when using "ALL" function eventhough the function is supposed to remove ALL filters. 

Your help is greatly appreciated.

------------------------------
    Morgan

• 2.  RE: External Filter with ALLEXCEPT()

Posted May 31, 2022 09:56 AM
    Hi Morgan,
    ALLEXCEPT()
    • Let's say you have 12 columns in a table, and you want to apply ALL() to 11 of the 12, but leave 1 of them alone.
    • You can then use ALLEXCEPT(<Table>, <col1 to leave alone>, <col2 to leave alone>…)
    • Example:
    ALLEXCEPT ( Sales, Sales[ProductKey] )

Dili Timor