Power BI Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your PowerBIUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
  • 1.  My 1st Power BI App Hits a Snag :(

Posted 22 days ago

Hi team,

I'm attempting to create my first Power BI application and it needs a Drilldown Choropleth map.  I've watched the Youtube video by Devin Knight and read some other blogs.  For some reason my map only shows an orange background and shows two squares instead of Jefferson County Kentucky postal codes.  My custom map shape is a json file that I converted to topojson.  Can anybody tell what I might be doing wrong from the screenshot and topojson link?

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/GrandFunkJ/topojson/main/JeffersonZIPs.json

------------------------------
    Jimmy Genslinger
    Software Architect

• 2.  RE: My 1st Power BI App Hits a Snag :(

Posted 20 days ago
    For anybody out there who may run into a similar issue, the problem was my json file.  The site that I used for my shape file had multiple download format options so I choose json. I then used mapShaper.com to convert this to a topojson file.  For some reason powerBI did not accept this.  I finally went back to the site and redownloaded my file as a shapefile, converted it to topoJson using mapShaper, and it worked perfectly.

Jimmy Genslinger
    Software Architect