Power BI Exchange

Please login or click SIGN UP FOR FREE to create your PowerBIUG account to join this user group.
 View Only
Expand all | Collapse all

Paramterize PowerBi Dashboard ( calling PBi Dashboard from a web page with parameters)

• 1.  Paramterize PowerBi Dashboard ( calling PBi Dashboard from a web page with parameters)

Posted Aug 08, 2022 04:53 AM
    Hi

I have the following scenario
    User will select some parameters from a web page like Customer code, Month, year and click on a button. On clicking button, it will call a Power Bi Dashboard by passing Customer code, Month, year as parameters and PBi will pull data from SQL server only for the passed Customer code, Month, year.

any suggestion or example to accomplished the above functionality.

Thanks

------------------------------
    Mukesh Khandelwal

• 2.  RE: Paramterize PowerBi Dashboard ( calling PBi Dashboard from a web page with parameters)

Top Contributor
    Posted Aug 09, 2022 06:58 AM
    Edited by Sam Duval Aug 09, 2022 07:19 AM

I haven't tried it, but I think this is what your after, if you want SQL to only return the records that match the set parameters

Dynamic M query parameters in Power BI Desktop - Power BI | Microsoft Docs

If you are OK with the full dataset being in the power BI report and just want it filtered via the URL that's a much easier approach, see the details here:
    Filter a report using query string parameters in the URL - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
    Sam Duval
    Data Quality Analyst
    Element Financial
    Indianapolis IN