Frequently Asked Questions
- It's my first time to the site, what do I do?
- How do I join a User Group?
- I forgot my username or password, how can I get access to the site?
- Where do I access my user groups, volunteer, and more?
- How do I connect with other users in the user group?
- How do I upload a profile photo?
- How do I import my LinkedIn information to my profile?
- How do I change my time zone?
Q. It’s my first time to the site, what do I do?
A. To have access to register for events, post discussions, and create a profile – among other things – you’ll need to create a username and password. This login will be unique to pbiusergroup.com, and different from the Microsoft Power BI Community. To do so:
- Click the Sign Up button, or if you already have a username and password click the Login button in the upper right corner
- Enter your email address, and complete the signup form to get your login.
Q. How do I join a user group?
A. Browse ALL USER GROUPS to find a user group to join. Once you've found one, press the JOIN button.
You will see a pop-up asking you to choose your user group email notification setting. Choose Real time to receive instantaneous email every time someone posts, daily digest to receive one email per day with the past 24 hours of post activity, or opt-out of receiving email notifications.
Press YES JOIN THIS COMMUNITY to complete the join process for your user group.
Q. I forgot my password or username, how can I get access to the site?
A. If you’ve forgotten either your username or password, follow these steps.
- Click the blue Login button in the upper right corner
- Click the Forgot Password link
- Enter your email address.
- Follow the prompts to have a password reset emailed to you.
- A reset link will be emailed to you. When you follow the link, you can reset both your username and password OR just your password.
Q. Where do I access my user groups, volunteer, and more?
A. Check out the main menu options or click on the links below:
- My Profile - View your personal profile
- Volunteer Profile - View your volunteer profile that will match you with volunteer opportunities
- Speakers Profile - View your speakers profile that will show up in the Speakers Directory
- All User Groups - View all Power BI User Groups.
- My User Groups - View all Power BI User Groups that I have joined.
- Upcoming Events - View all user group upcoming events.
- Speaker Directory - Make connections with other users who are identifying themselves as available for speaking engagements on Power BI Topics. Note: This feature is only available to User Group leaders, and every user group member to volunteer as a speaker. Being listed does not mean PUG endorses the view, presentation, or conduct of the speaker.
- Volunteer - Get engaged with PUG and share your time and talents! Check out the variety of volunteer opportunities available.
Q. How do I add myself as a potential speaker to the Speaker Directory?
A. Any user group member can add yourself to the Speaker Directory! Complete your PUG speaker profile so that other users can easily find YOU as the answer their education needs. Just set the 'Show my speaker profile in search results?' toggle from 'Yes to 'No' to Yes to have your results show up in the directory.
Q. How do I view the Speaker Directory?
A. Only User Group Leaders can view the Speaker Directory. If you are an User Group Leader and cannot view a directory, please contact support. If you would like to become a User Group Leader, please volunteer here.
Q. How do I connect with other users in the user group?
A. You can invite another user to be a contact! Simply click on their profile and press the button 'ADD TO CONTACT'.
Q. How do I upload a profile photo?
A. Click on the profile icon in the right hand upper navigation area. You will see a fly-out menu open, and choose PROFILE.
Underneath the profile photo area, click on ACTIONS. A drop down menu will appear and choose CHANGE PHOTO.
Upload a file, and then you can resize and crop it. Press Save! You've added a profile photo.
You can also change your profile photo to your LinkedIn photo by pressing IMPORT YOUR INFO under the LinkedIn option on your profile.
Q. How do I import my LinkedIn information to my profile?
A. Log into pbiusergroup.com and navigate to your profile. From there, click on IMPORT YOUR INFO.
You will need to use your LinkedIn credentials to allow Higher Logic access to pull your information over. Press ALLOW ACCESS.
Now you will get a screen that will allow you to compare your PUG profile to your LinkedIn information. Under the ACTIONS column, click the checkbox to bring your information over. Press SAVE and CONTINUE. That's it - you are done!
Q. How do I change my time zone?
A.On your profile, click on UPDATE CONTACT DETAILS.
In your CONTACT DETAILS, you can change your time zone.