Microsoft Data Platform MVP.
An experienced database and business intelligence (BI) professional with a deep knowledge of the Microsoft BI stack. I have extensive knowledge of data warehouse (DW) methodologies and enterprise data modelling.
- Expertise in client facing and technical roles such as Senior Architect as well as Technical Team Leader.
- Expert knowledge in all facets of BI/DW including project management, dimensional modelling, performance tuning, ETL design, development and optimisation, report and dashboard design as well as installation and administration.
- Comfortable dealing with personnel at all levels with varying degrees of technical ability. I place a high priority on business goals being translated into requirements and then developing systems to fulfil those goals.
- Over 25 years commercial experience in delivering business applications across a broad range of technologies.
- Solid analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong reputation for delivery.
2017 - Presented at Difinity NZ (Power BI)
2016 - Presented at Global Power BI User Group (Power BI, optimising models)
2016 - Presented at MS Ignite NZ (Power BI)
2016 - Presented at Wellington Power BI User Group (Power BI)
2016 - Presented at Wellington Code Camp (Machine learning and AI)
2016 - Presented at NZ Business Intelligence Summit (Building effective BI Platforms)
2015 - Presented at MS Ignite NZ (Machine Learning and AI)
2015 - Presented at Wellington SQL User Group (The value of BI)
2014 - Presented at TechEd NZ (Building effective BI Platforms)
2016 - Founded Wellington Power BI Professional User Group (140+ members)